I’ve not been an amputee long, but one thing that I do constantly is trap my dangling trouser leg. I roll it up, it falls down, gets trapped – need a better idea.
I posted the question of how to ‘tuck it in’ on the UK Amputee Facebook group and was given a few solutions.
- Roll it on the inside (works well for leggings)
- Roll it on the outside
- Fold it in at the back of the stump
- Cut it off (great for non-freying materials like leggings)
- Tuck it into your prosthetic liner
- Use a hair band to tie it on the inside before putting it on.
I have trialled all these with mixed success. When wearing loose trousers, the latter seems to work best.
Here’s how to:
- Get an elastic band / hairband / bobble.
- With your trouser leg inside out, tie the hairband round the leg
- Turn it back the right way round and try it on, adjust the rubber band as needed.
- Admire your work, no more trapped clothing, hurrah!
Ladies, you can even accessorise it with something a bit bolder: