Greater Manchester Councils: Social Care Services

A map of Greater Manchester

Choose your council from below to see any relevant services and support that can be accessed:

Bolton MBC

Bury MBC

Manchester City Council

Oldham MBC

  • Health and social care
  • Request a care and support assessment
  • Hiring Disabled People – The Wellbeing Service helps local people with disabilities find and keep a job and gives advice about best practice in the recruitment and retention of disabled employees
  • The Link Centre is Oldham’s Centre for Independent Living, and hub of preventative activities and services.
    It offers a large number of services, support groups and signposting facilities for residents with a disability or feel that they have vulnerability or some form of additional need, carers and professionals
  • Benefits service

Rochdale MBC

Salford City Council

  • Health and social care. If you need support to help you manage everyday tasks, these pages will help you to explore your options.
  • AskSARA helps you find useful advice and products that make daily living easier. Buy online from suppliers or explore your options and if you need more personal support and want to talk your options through, please give any of the following local organisations a call:
  • Contact Adult Social Care (Adult social care is now provided by Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust)
  • Benefits Advice The customer services advice team delivers face to face help and advice on council and partner services including: Housing benefit and Council Tax Reduction.

Stockport MBC

  • Occupational Therapy: To make an initial referral or a subsequent referral back, if you have difficulties in the future, to the SMBC Occupational Therapy Service phone 0161 217 6029.O/T Service provided by Access Independent Ltd and if any queries concerning your assessment or outcomes contact them by phone 01223 229091, by email or by post to Stockport MBC, c/o Access Independent, 17G The Courtyard, Sturton Street, Cambridge, CB1 2PT
  • BetterOff Stockport
    • Your money: Use the Turn2us Benefits Calculator here to find out what benefits you are entitled to.
    • Applications and appeals: Apply for a benefit or appeal a benefit decision.
    • Jobs and volunteering: Search for jobs and volunteering opportunities and record your job search activity.
    • Advice and information: Advice on finding jobs, childcare, budgeting and debt issues.

Tameside MBC

Trafford MBC

Occupational therapy, adaptations & resources

  • Disabled facilities grant – If you or a member of your household is disabled they may qualify for a Disabled Facilities Grant towards the cost of providing facilities or adaptations to enable the disabled person to continue to live in their own homes.
  • Home adaptations – Anyone living in Trafford who has a permanent or substantial disability, or anyone who cares for a person with a permanent or substantial disability may be eligible for a home adaptation.
  • Occupational therapy – Once your details have been taken by a member of the Occupational Therapist Team, an Occupational Therapist will contact you and arrange to visit you in your home to discuss your needs.
  • One Stop Resource Centre – Based in Sale, the One Stop Resource provides community equipment and services for people living in Trafford, who may need assistance with daily living due to a disability.


  • Appeals – What to do if you think our decision is wrong.
  • Backdated claims – Find out whether you can get your benefit claim backdated.
  • Benefits calculator
    Use our online calculator to check whether you qualify for Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support.
  • Changes in your circumstances – You must tell us straight away about any changes that could affect your benefit.
  • Discretionary Housing and Council Tax Support payments
    If you do not get the full amount of Housing Benefit or your award of Council Tax Support is less than you were previously receiving in Council Tax Benefit then you may be able to claim a Discretionary Housing and Council Tax Support Payment.
  • Online services, Forms and leaflets – Access our online services or download useful forms and information leaflets.
  • Fraud investigation – What to do if you suspect someone is claiming benefit fraudulently.
  • Landlords information  – Benefits information for registered social landlords and private landlords whose tenants do not receive local housing allowance.
  • Local housing allowance for landlords – Advice for private landlords, whose tenants (are not exempt from LHA) and claimed benefit or changed address after 8 April 2008.
  • Local housing allowance for tenants – Advice for private tenants, who made their claim or changed address after 8 April 2008. This section does not apply if you rent your property from a Registered Social Landlord such as Trafford Housing Trust.
  • Local housing allowance rates – Find out how much Local Housing Allowance you may be entitled to.
  • New claims – Information and advice about making a new claim for benefit.
  • Overpayments – What to do if you have been overpaid.
  • Welfare reforms – The Benefits System is going through one of its biggest shake ups for over 60 years and many working age people will be affected.
  • Trafford Assist – Trafford Assist can help residents meet short term needs in an emergency or help them to return or remain in the community